Domain extensions using
CentralNic’s Wholesale Division is a leading distributor of registries’ domain names, on an exclusive basis, through retailers globally – the only distributor with six of the top twenty new TLDs on its platform. The three most important contributing factors behind this achievement are the Division’s leading technology platforms, its extensive range of support services and its integrated network of global retailers.
Every Top-Level Domain extension, such as .com, .org and .co.uk has an exclusive distributor (known as a “registry backend”). CentralNic’s registry backend supports over 100 registries across all five categories of domain name extensions:
- Country Code Top Level Domain extensions (ccTLDs) such as .la, .cx and .fm;
- Generic Top-Level Domain extensions (gTLDs) like .xyz and .online;
- Sponsored Top-Level Domain extensions for a specific purpose such as .coop, the internet designation for cooperatives;
- DotBrand Top-Level Domain extensions such as .stc for Saudi Telecom Corporation, which uses CentralNic’s registry back-end platform to power domains not for sale but for the rights holder’s own use;
- Second-Level Domain extensions (SLDs) such as .uk.com and .us.com.
CentralNic’s registry backend platform enables retailers around the world to sell an increasing range of internet domain names and associated products. It also handles billing and cash collection on behalf of its registry clients – which hold the rights to the domains that CentralNic distributes. CentralNic also supports its registry clients with value added services such as policy advice and sales and marketing. CentralNic’s registry backend continues to maintain an uptime which consistently exceeds the required standards set by industry regulator ICANN.
CentralNic’s registry backend platform integrates with around 1,500 retailers globally. Through them, the distribution channel reaches out to over 100,000 resellers. In recent years, China has been one of CentralNic’s most buoyant markets. This reflects a business development and operational focus on China that has positioned the Company to benefit from the unprecedented demand for domain names in that market.
CentralNic’s DNS system, which powers the domains, is a global network of nameservers. With 60 locations distributed around the world, CentralNic’s DNS handles over 1 Billion queries per day. The DNS assures the stability, security and resilience of all the domain names supported by CentralNic. This vital system has maintained its unblemished record of 100% uptime for 21 consecutive years.